How to make a donation
If you would like to make a donation please contact us or check our website to find your nearest clothing bank. We have banks located all around the north west of England situated at supermarkets, car parks and household waste sites.
To keep your donation dry and protected we'd really appreciate if you could place it into any type of bag such as a carrier bag or bin liner.
Textile recycling helps save the environment by reducing waste at landfill sites, and provides an affordable clothing supply to communities worldwide. Approximately 3% of household waste is made up of textiles, and it is estimated that more than 1million tonnes of textiles are send to landfill each year. Good quality items which can be reused are sold to second-hand clothing traders in the UK and worldwide. 'End of life' garments are recycled into industrial wipers and cloths, mattress filling, insulation and new fibres.
Mobile Phone Recycling
There are over 50 million unwanted or unused mobile phones currently in this country. This equates to approximately 5,000 tonnes of waste, some of which is toxic and could end up in a landfill.
Mobile phones place a huge burden on the world's natural resources. Crude oil, metals, and their manufacturing processes all take their toll. Recycled mobile phones provide communications for consumers and businesses in the UK and developing countries, and also helps to preserve and protect the environment for future generations.
As well as textiles we also recycle books. We try to ensure books in a saleable condition are re-sold to market traders, book shop owners and online book sellers before sending any surplus books for pulping and further recycling. Please contact us to discuss your requirements if you are interested in buying books from us.
Host a clothing bank
If you have space on your land and would like to help by hosting a bank we'd love to hear from you.Host a clothing bank
Find a clothing bank
To make a clothing donation please enter your postcode below to find your nearest textile recycling bank.
Our policy is to:
- Not only comply with but exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Lead by example and minimise our own waste and reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Reduce the amount of waster entering the waste stream.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our building, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- As far as possible reduce emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases from our buildings, operations and activities.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles (where appropriate) with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practival and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate for members of staff.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Encourage and support our staff and customers to undertake local environmental projects.